Tuesday 26 June 2007

Clinc appointment and our little star


Corwin had a cardiac clinic appointment today...the big check up with his heart consultant including a heart scan (echo). The consultant was very pleased with his progress! Without going into too much detail, he had a leaking valve and a dilated left ventricle ( his only ventricle) and both of these have improved! His Sats (oxygen levels)were 82% (100% in a healthy person) so a good level for his condition at present. I asked the consultant about life expectancy and he said there are children now reaching adulthood who have had the three stages of surgery and they are living a good quality of life. Corwin has a long way to go, but if his next op goes well we have every reason to hope he lives to become a young man.


Well done Corwin, my little star who amazes us each day!


abi x


please feel free to leave a message!


I have put a photo at the top of this post showing our little star in the local paper!




2 comments:

Drea said...

You have such a beautiful little boy. He has been through so much already. My son has also been through the same surgeries and is ready to turn one in Sept. It is aweful to think about what our little guys have been through.
www.blogswithheart.com/hunter/
The above is my son's web page. feel free to visit. I would to hear from you
DREA

Elaine Meynell said...

Hi Abi & Thomas, Dad has just sent me the address of your blog for Corwin, what an unbelievable time you have had, I am really sorry we didn't realise he was so ill, it is lovely to see him now and hopefully as you say the future looks bright. I will keep checking for updates.
Lots of Love
Elaine (in spain)